Marubeni-Itochu Steel America is part of a global team trading in a wide range of steel products. We are currently seeking an Assistant Sales Manager for our Detroit, MI location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as the primary contact for customers regarding confirmation of firm orders and forecast requirements, track shipment to fulfill releases, generate processing orders to the suppliers, monitor the accounts receivable status of each customer and troubleshoot problems with the account.
• Oversees, manages, and reconciles inventory levels at processor and warehouses, utilizing data from contracts, purchase orders, shipping and receiving documents, invoices, accounting reports and generated log.
• Coordinates warehousing and transportation with the logistics team. Track deliveries and shipments to ensure timely arrival of goods in compliance with import/export regulations. Prepares shipping documents for customs clearance.
• Coordinates settlements complaints with insurance department.
• Support other sales personnel by assisting with part detail confirmation, processing costs, price build-ups.
• Monitor customer credit limits and supports sales with gathering and preparing supporting documentation.
• MRP/FSS system set up and maintenance, Month End Purchase / Sale / Contract Bal / Inventory Check, Part Master Registration, Price Master Registration.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Highly preferred knowledge in the steel/aluminum industry and/or automotive supplier. Excellent communication skills as well as organizational skills. Supervisory experience a plus but not required, as well as the ability to work well with others, providing training and assistance to junior sales staff. Experience with Microsoft Office applications, accounting, inventory and purchase order software. Bilingual language highly preferred: English/Spanish.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years relevant experience.
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Compensation is commensurate with experience
Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws, including providing reasonable accommodations