||Logistics Manager - Houston, Texas (Posting #215)
Marubeni-Itochu Steel America is part of a global team trading in a wide range of steel products. We are currently seeking a Logistics Manager for our Houston office. Responsibilities include:
• Support sales staff with optimal logistics quotes for rail, barge, truck, warehousing.
• Check purchasing orders for prompt delivery.
• Arrange pick-up and delivery according to customer needs
• Furnish a full range of accommodations to sales staff and customer base as required, including order status requests, mill certifications, transport information, U.S. customs status, harmonized tariff classification and clarification, freight release,
berth/terminal and delivery status.
• Communicate with Port Terminals and/or warehouses to establish realistic outbound schedules
• Manage freight scheduling to ensure timely freight movement.
• Monitor logistic operations analyzing freight variations of actuals versus accruals, in- transit stock, fixed and variable cost deviations.
• Evaluate and define import/export functions ensuring compliance with due dates.
• Handle all marine and inland insurance claims.
• Interact with customs brokers regarding vessel arrivals, documentation status, harmonized tariff classification, tariff exemption/TRQ application status, validation of entry summary information, freight release and pick-up, delivery order specifics,
ACH payment of duties, import regulations and duty refunds.
• Manage company CTPAT certification.
• Knowledge of steel products preferred
• 5 years as logistics manager is preferred