||Financial Analyst - New York City, New York (Posting #207)
Marubeni-Itochu Steel America;s Risk Management (RM) team is seeking a Financial/Credit Analyst/Supervisor/Assistant Manager in our New York City office. Responsibilities include:
• Conducting trade risk assessments of customers, suppliers.
• Analysis of the steel industry, focusing on North and South American markets.
• Monitoring MISA’s business operation from a risk management perspective.
• Managing the credit operations, insurance, and commercial legal matters.
• Supervising department level credit administration activities such as the credit application and data base management.
• Organizing and maintaining documents.
• Generating and providing ad hoc reports in compliance with MISA’s RM policies and procedures.
• Working with the RM team to manage the risk management functions of the Company’s and subsidiaries’ sales departments to include establishment of credit related policies and day-to-day credit controls, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
• Coordinating and assisting with necessary security arrangements and their maintenance.
• Reviewing and providing advice for commercial contracts and business arrangements in conjunction with the legal department and senior credit managers.
Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree; over 3 years’ related experience; intermediate level of financial knowledge, analytical, strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; and, technical and computer literacy. Experience in financial analysis or credit and risk management are preferred, and basic commercial legal knowledge and understanding of the steel industry are a plus.