||Traffic & Administrative Coodinator-Houston, TX (Posting #199)
Marubeni-Itochu Steel America is currently seeking a Traffic & Administrative Coordinator for our Houston, Texas office. Responsibilities include:
• Arranges warehousing and transportation, negotiates rates with freight forwarding companies and tracks deliveries/shipments to ensure timely arrival of goods.
• Tracks and maintains inventory levels, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
• Manages material receipts from mills, reconciles inventory held at processor/warehouse, tracks purchasing, shipping, or other records.
• Contacts customers/suppliers frequently to answer questions, resolves general problems, and provide/receive general information.
• Maintains vendor/customer accounts to ensure timely payment and receipt of invoices. Effects payment to vendors.
• Prepares/generates accounting and other related reports.
• Maintains accounts receivable/payable.
• Compiles and processes financial information to prepare accounting entries and document business transactions. Prepares and reviews month end journal entries and accruals and provides general support for the month end closing process.
• Performs various administrative functions such as typing correspondence, filing, answering phones, travel arrangements, mail distribution, etc.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant experience; customer service experience,excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, etc.. SAP ERP exposure preferred.