We are currently seeking a Sales Coordinator for our Schaumburg, Illinois office. This position can office in Schaumburg, Nashville, Detroit or Cincinnatti. Primary responsibilities include:
• Contacts customers/suppliers frequently to answer questions, resolve general problems, and provide/receive general information.
• Maintains vendor/customer accounts ensuring timely payment and receipt of invoices via SAP/Excel. Monitors customer credit and A/R collection, adjusting for payment discounts. Monitors vendor consignment credit lines when applicable
• Monitors customer credit limits and reviews letters of credit documents to determine compliance with international standards. Prepares and issues documentation in accordance with L/C requirements or contract terms.
• Tracks and maintains inventory levels, purchasing, shipping, or other records by compiling data from contracts, purchase orders, invoices and accounting reports. Prepares reports such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages. Reports inventory increases or shortages.
• Arranges warehousing and transportation. May negotiate rates with freight forwarding companies and tracks deliveries/shipments to ensure timely arrival of goods in compliance with import/export regulations. Prepares shipping documents for customs clearance. Coordinates settlements complaints with insurance department.
• Interacts with customs brokers regarding vessel arrivals, documentation status, harmonized tariff classification, freight release and pick-up, delivery order specifics, ACH payment of duties, import regulations and duty drawbacks.
• Coordinates settlement complaints with insurance department, processor and mill technical service staff.
• Supervises and coordinates the timely payment of invoices. Prepares/generates accounting and other related reports via SAP/Excel.
• May perform general administrative tasks including answering phones, filing, travel arrangements, expense reports, etc.
Customer service experience required, including the ability to recognize and satisfy customer requirements and expectations in daily business. Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to using integrated accounting and material management software. Experience working with SAP preferred. The ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, organizational skills, and computer skills (Microsoft Office applications).