||Claims Supervisor - Southfield, MI (Posting #182)
We are currently seeking a Claims Supervisor for our Southfield, Michigan office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following job duties:
• Receive reports of claims from vendors and input to MISA claim tracking system.
• Communicate with Quality Manager and Tech Reps to obtain additional information as necessary to receive claim authorization from mill, processor, carrier.
• Inform sales team of exceptionally large rejections that may require action to expedite material from supplier.
• Collect and collate information from customer contacts and invoices and add to tracking system to complete claim submission to supplier, processor, carrier or insurance company.
• Continuously monitor status of claims and update in tracking system to insure completion in a timely manner.
• Submit necessary documentation to responsible party, make necessary adjustments and track progress towards receipt of payment.
• Obtain approval for physical disposition of claimed material from manager and provide instruction to warehouse.
• Insure that processor provides correct and timely scrap credit reports.
• Match payment received with Company inventory records and offset revenue with disposal in SAP.
Qualified candidates will have an Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred). Job experience in the metals industry is beneficial. Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to work independently with initiative, diplomacy, tack and a professional demeanor.